In this project, children will learn how to add sound and music to their projects, as well as changing and programming sprite costumes.
For this project, Scratch 2 should be used. Scratch 2 can either be used online at jumpto.cc/scratch-on or can be downloaded from jumpto.cc/scratch-off and used offline.
You can find a completed version of this project online, or it can be downloaded by clicking the ‘Download Project Materials’ link for this project, which contains:
- Sequential code blocks;
- Sound and music.
- “Improving your drum” - Changing sprite sounds and adding events;
- “Changing your singer’s costume” - adding and controlling sprite costumes;
- “Make your own band” - using the skills learnt to create new instruments.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When creating their own sprites, children may find that their sprite ‘jumps’ when it’s clicked, as it changes costume. This is because the two costumes are’t centered in the same place.
To fix this, click ‘Set costume center’ on both sprites, and make sure they are centered at the same point in both costumes.
- On Linux, right-clicking to delete a sprite may not work. If this is the case, holding shift and left-clicking will bring up the menu to delete a sprite.