In this project, children will learn how to make a platform game, making use of Scratch concepts and skills that have been learnt in previous projects.
For this project, Scratch 2 should be used. Scratch 2 can either be used online at jumpto.cc/scratch-on or can be downloaded from jumpto.cc/scratch-off and used offline.
You can find a completed version of this project online, or it can be downloaded by clicking the ‘Download Project Materials’ link for this project, which contains:
There is also a version of this project with the external resources pre-loaded. This is available online at jumpto.cc/dodge-resources, or in the downloadable project materials, which contains:
This link also includes a ‘Project Resources’ folder, which contains images that children will need to complete this project. Make sure that each child has access to a copy of these resources.
- This project consolidates learning of previous programming skills learnt.
- “Improved jumping” - using an additional
ifblock to fix a multiple-jump bug;
- “Random balls” - using the
randomblock to vary the ball costume, size and delay between clones;
- “More obstacles” - adding additional sprites to the game;
- “Improved gravity” - using an additional
ifblock to fix a bug in the
- “More lives” - addition of a