In this project, children will learn how to use list variables to store data, as well as how simple custom blocks (functions) can be used to simplify their programs.
For this project, Scratch 2 should be used. Scratch 2 can either be used online at jumpto.cc/scratch-on or can be downloaded from jumpto.cc/scratch-off and used offline.
You can find a completed version of this project online, or it can be downloaded by clicking the ‘Download Project Materials’ link for this project, which contains:
- Simple functions.
- “Adding sound” - improving the usability of the game;
- “Creating 4 buttons” - manipulating lists;
- “Making more blocks” - creating custom blocks;
- “Another costume” - improving the usability of the game;
- “Difficulty level” - modifying the data stored in a list.