NOTES FOR CLUB LEADERS
We’re going to make a Fish Chomp game! Guide the large Hungry Fish around and try to eat all the prey that are swimming around.
This project covers:
- Moving sprites
- Controlling sprites with the mouse
- Changing costumes
- Collision detection
- Sprites reading other sprites’ state
- Keeping and changing scores
This project uses resources found in the Scratch Backgrounds and Costumes folders AND the hungry fish costumes can be found in the volunteers packs.
Scratch Cards required:
- Animate it
- Keep score
- Follow the mouse
- Step 1: Hungry Fish follows the mouse pointer
- Step 2: Add some prey
- Step 3: Hungry Fish eats the prey
- Make the prey move differently
- Make the prey avoid the hungry fish
- Add a score
- Add a countdown
- Add a bonus score
- Change the game: keep a prey alive!